CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 3

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep. The pain medicine keeps me wired and so most nights I don't sleep or don't sleep well. I have been trying different things to try and make things more conducive to sleep. Last night I think I managed to fall asleep around 3am. I did not stay asleep well this time however, because I was having serious neck pain and base of the skull pain. It is really hard to describe but I feel like I need to pop my neck like a chiropractor. Now don't go sending me emails about how I shouldn't :-), I know that I should not and will not, believe me! However, that is the best way I can describe it. It is probably the most pain apart from headaches that I have had since the surgery. I finally gave up around 8 am and just got up.


Since then I have now added one of my bad headaches that are super painful. I can't find a position to get comfortable in but the least comfortable is laying down. I am praying I will find some relief from this soon and that in the meantime I handle it with grace and strength. God is my ever present help in times of need and this situation is no different.

One thing I am extremely grateful for is the help of my mother, who flew here for three weeks to help me. For those of you who know our relationship, you know this could be a recipe for disaster. This has been one of my biggest prayer requests and God has answered it in a huge way. We are 2 weeks into her stay today and it has been a huge blessing. I have really enjoyed the time we have had and the support she has been. She has helped me take baths and showers, she has cleaned, she has washed my hair, and braided my hair. She has done laundry and she picks up things off the floor because I can't. She is painting somethings that needed to have touched up. She is like superwoman. I really can't imagine how I would have gotten through these 2 weeks without her. I can't lift, I can't bend over, I couldn't walk for a while without help, I really couldn't cook or do much of anything. I don't know how I would have accomplished these tasks without her. And God has so perfectly guided each day that it has been pleasant and encouraging, no mother daughter fights that could easily be a problem between us. Praise God for this miracle and blessing!

0 comments: