CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18

Exhausted!

I think I have hit a wall! I am only 3 weeks into school and I have already hit a wall. How sad is that? I have been going to school 5 days a week and working 2 days a week. When I am home I am reading or studying much of the time. When I lay down to go to bed my mind is racing so fast that I can't even fall asleep.

Yesterday, I came home and was mentally fried. I tried to look at the books and my notes and I realized it was futile...I needed a break. Today I came home and am feeling kind of sick....headache, nauseous, and exhausted. I tried to take a nap but this brain of mine is on overload and I drifted for a measly 10 min and then I was laying there wide awake. Now I must try to pull myself togethor and study. I have a test Monday so I have a lot to do before then.

On Monday I got the results of a math test that we had to take. You had to pass the test with an 80% and no matter what you got 80 or above you just receive a pass. So I passed by the hair on my chinny chin chin. phew! This is one of those test that could fail me from the program. They give you 2 or 3X to pass and I know that a few did not pass...but thank God I was not one of them.

Class is going well. Finally this week we began our clinical times in the nursing home so I only had to spend 3 days sitting at a desk listening to someone talk at me. Today I started at the nursing home where I will spend the next 4 weeks. We go there on Thursdays and Fridays each week. Today was a basic orientation to the facility and then we were given our patient that we will be working one on one with. The floor I am on is an alzteimers unit. Beginning tomorrow I will actually be working with my patient.

0 comments: