CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5

My last weekend of freedom!

So this past weekend was my last weekend to do whatever I wanted, guilt free, and no homework hanging over my head. On Saturday i went to Six Flags Great Adventure with my brother and his family. When we got there it was a bit humid but the crowds were great. For it being a holiday weekend and a Saturday we could not believe how quiet it was. Our longest wait in line for a ride was maybe 20min. That is unheard of but was great.

After a little time in the kids section, my sister n law and I decided to go over and do the inner tube ride. It is a giant innertube that has seats for 12 people. Sean was not so convinced however, and kept saying, it seems like we are going to get really wet. We explained over and over that we did this ride before and didn't get very wet (famous last words). As we got on the ride Sean decided to put his old rafting skills in place and proceeded to guide the thing down the rapids. At every spot where the water would splash up he had us 3 girls in a prime spot to get soaked and soaked we got. Sean finished the ride dry while us girls were soaked. Doh!!!!

After that, I manged to convince Sean to go on the roller coaster Nitro with me. Check out this Roller Coaster....



Nitro climbs up to 230 feet and then plummets 215 feet in a 66 degree angle gaining a speed of 80 miles per hour, wow! Talk about fun. I usually am a chicken when it comes to rides like this but my roommate Audrey talked me into it early in the summer and now I am hooked.

After that we went on the wooden roller coaster called El Torro. Sean convinced me on that. I decided after the last time I was there and had gone on one of the wooden roller coasters that I didn't like them. They are bumpier, jerkier, and make you feel like you are going to fly off the tracks. They just don't seem fun to me. This wooden roller coaster was higher and faster than the one Audrey and I went on which seemed even less fun.



When I was thinking how to describe this roller coaster I thought I would look on line and see how others describe this...well here it goes "El Toro focuses on height, speed, and the holy grail for coaster lovers: airtime. The ride delivers nine moments of weightless nirvana. The ride begins with four huge, successive drops. It finishes with some highly banked moments and some devilish, twisting elements that look wild." Ok if that doesn't freak you out. The thing goes around 70 or 80 mph and the first drop is extremely high. When we were going down the drops I was freaked out because not only was it really fast but it gave you the impression that you were going to have your head decapitated by the wooden beams above. I even tried to duck at one point though the g-forces were so strong it only seemed to give me a kink in my neck. In all reality I was not even close to being the tallest person on the ride and I was at the back so if no one else had there head cracked by the beams was it all that realistic for me to be afraid of that...no...however, you don't have time to be logical. Sean and I decided to wait for the back row. It would be less intense. However, the guys in front of us as we were climbing the first 188 ft hill were asking us if this was our first time. I said yes but we did just do Nitro so it should be fine. They proceeded to explain to us that this was way worse than Nitro, way faster and way scarier. They also said that being in the back we'll be lucky to stay in...so the back wasn't the way to go I guess. By this time Sean explained to them they had successfully freaked us out. Then came our first drop.

When we were finished my sister n law tried to convince us to go on the ride called King da Ka which is a very short but intense roller coaster. You climb 456 ft and go a maximum speed of 128mph as it drops you straight down. No thank you! However, I said I would go on it just to see the look on Sean's face. I proceeded to inform my sister n law that I said yes because I knew Sean would say no. Thank God I don't have too mocho of a brother because otherwise I might have found my way on that ride.

The night ended with a fun "Glow in the Dark" parade. The kids loved this and it was very creative as you will see the pictures.

Not bad for a big hurrah weekend. I ended the weekend by going over to help Sean weed out his front yard and mow on labor day weekend. He said he didn't mind doing it by himself and would feel guilty that I was spending my labor day weeding...but I took it as a great opportunity to spend a little one on one time with my big Brother. We ended the night with dinner at the Franklin Steak house for a little Labor Day grub. I love having big brothers!

Here are some pics from our Great adventure day!








0 comments: