CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 5

Week One is complete...

And they haven't kicked me out, nor have I failed a test. I am doing pretty good so far. Mind you I haven't had a test to take so I guess there really wasn't a test to fail.

I had 3 days of class this week. We won't start clinicals for 2 weeks so in the mean time it is just class and lab. I enjoy my teacher. She is very good and seems very excited to help each one of us be successful. I heard her say today to a lady in the office that she was very excited for this group of students and that it was a good bunch. That was nice to hear.

So all my fears are not gone but at least they are easing us in. Ask me in a few weeks how crazy busy it is. In the mean time I am enjoying some time to get a routine down. My teacher made a comment today that she was very impressed with those of us who read and that it was obvious in our discussion and questions. I can honestly say I read everything. I was a little to intense in the beginning. It took me forever to read 5 pages and I had 2x as many notes written for those 5 pages. Since I have scaled back my notes and focused on noting the bold stuff, defenitions, and the extra boxes. By the end my reading was much faster.

This weekend I have a ton of reading to do and I have my first test next Friday (math for pharmacology), and on the 22nd I will have my big lecture exam. Next week I will begin work again. I am working 10 8 hour shifts a month which is part time and maintains my health insurance. It also minimizes the loans I have to take out. I am going to try it for a month and see how it goes. As long as I can handle it I will continue.

My class is made up of 30 students and maybe 5 of them are guys. The ages vary but maybe only 2 of them are in their 40's. The rest are in their 20's and a few are in their 30's by my best guess. It seems to be a good group of students.

Now the countdown begins till Aug 14th which is my last day of class! So far and yet it will come flying up I am sure. Thanks for all of your encouragement.

0 comments: